Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Welcome Christmas! 21/365


Happy December! When I was young I always looked forward to decorating my house with my mom. Our home had pink carpet so of course our tree lights were pink as well. I just thought that was the coolest! We used to hang up a ball of mistletoe with a little red elf sitting on top. I still have that mistletoe but is has seen one too many mashings into the decoration box but I imagine many smooches as well...now we hang this ball in our foyer. In our third house the only place to logically hang it was between the foyer and the kitchen in a somewhat narrow and seemingly shorter than normal doorway. My husband never quite got the kissing ball "dodge" down that year. He cursed that thing more than kissed beneath it! I'm glad to say our ceilings are higher now and the doorway much wider...

No comments: