Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Fungus Among Us 16/365



My kids and neighbors are often in the woods on the side of our house. I was quite the woods dweller when I was little, so I decided to head back there and see what it was all about. Okay...very cool! Who knew? Just beside our house is a wetlands area into which they have carved pathways and hiding places. I came across this funky fungus, apparently a "shelf" fungus named for its horizontal growth. I loved the rings as it reminded me of the inside of a tree trunk. I really need a better close-up lens...

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow, you've created a really awesome site already! I have no photography skills, so I'm so amazed that you can take pictures of such ordinary stuff and have it look so incredible! Your pics are all just beautiful!

Chris said...

Hey Kristin...Thanks! That really means a lot...I definitely lack confidence when it comes tom yabilities so when someone who doesn't HAVE to say anything says something nice, I really appreciate it! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving...